Sunday, March 14, 2010

Joy Riding

How can someone be "Out of their mind"? Seriously?!

Now mind out of a person's body I can understand. I'm not talking CSI either.

Currently I've spent 20 minutes or so just staring off into space across the room. My mind has been anywhere but within my head which feels like its in a fish bowl. My body is tired and calls for bed, but my mind took the BMW out of the garage and went for a joy ride.

Music rolls through my head. its a song I heard on Big Fish earlier, but its not one I particually like or get much from. I don't know the name of it or the band, the same 10 seconds keep replaying. The cd player in the BMW is effectively skipping now.

In the passenger seat sits my Ukulele. I've been teaching myself how to play, and it goes places with me now. I'm even song writing.

In the back seat sits assignments I have not dropped off. They gave me directions on where they wanted to go, but I'm taking scenic detours, weaving through traffic, etc.

My BMW got a lot of miles put on it last week. I needed refueling a few times. Checked the mirrors a few times, but I thinking of getting rid of them soon. Who needs to keep looking in the past anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment